3 Types of study designs
So far, you have learnt how to ask a RQ.
In this chapter, you will study the details of how to collect the data needed to answer the RQ. You will learn to:
- design scientifically sound studies to answer simple quantitative research questions.
- design ethical studies.
- describe the various types of quantitative research studies.
- compare and contrast experimental and observational studies.
- describe and identify retrospective, prospective and cross-sectional observational studies.
- describe and identify true experimental and quasi-experimental studies.