27.12 Quick review questions
A study (Imtiaz et al. 2017) compared the nutritional intake of \(n=50\) anaemic infants in Lahore (Pakistan) with the amounts recommended.
The mean daily protein intake in the sample was 14g, with a standard deviation of 3g. The recommended protein intake was 13g.
The researchers wanted to see if the mean intake met the recommendation, or not.
- The standard error of the mean (to four decimal places) is
- The null hypothesis is:
- The test statistic (to two decimal places) is
- The two-tailed \(P\)-value is
- True or false? We accept the null hypothesis.
- There is to support the alternative hypothesis (that the mean daily protein intake is not 13g).