1.10 Optional: Identifying poor RQs
This question is optional; for example, if you need more practice, or you are studying for the exam.
Critique the following research questions, outlining how and why they can be improved (if at all).
- Among domestic watertanks used in southeast Queensland, are lead concentrations in water in concrete tanks higher than in poly tanks?
- Are lower-limb amputees more likely to die?
- Is the amount of salt the same for homebrand as for non-homebrand beans?
- Among zoo animals, is the weight of adult elephants greater than that of juvenile kangaroos (joeys)?
- Is the average reaction time related to gender?
What terms might need defining for each RQ?