4.1 Quick revision
We recommend trying these Quick revision questions before your tutorial.
- What would be an inappropriate numerical summary for the age of the participants?
- What might be an appropriate way to numerically describe the amount of variation in the ages of participants?
- What might be an appropriate way to numerically describe the average REI of participants?
- What might be an appropriate way to numerically describe the gender of the participants?
- In the sample, what percentage of individuals are females?
- Age is quantitative, so odds are not appropriate (odds are used with qualitative data).
- Variation is measured using standard deviation or IQR.
- The average value (of a quantitative variable) can be described using a mean or a median.
- Percentages or odds can be used to numerically summarise a qualitative variable like gender.
- \(27/60\times 100 = 45\)%.
de Carvalho AA, Amorim FF, Santana LA, de Almeida KJQ, Santana ANC, Neves F de AR. STOP-Bang questionnaire should be used in all adults with Down Syndrome to screen for moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea. PloS ONE. 2020;15(5):e0232596.