How this book was made
- The diagrams were made in base R.
- The kableExtra package was used for nicer tables (Zhu 2018).
- The display of data tables in the online version use the DT package (Xie, Cheng, and Tan 2018).
- Some plots use the plotrix package (Lemon 2006).
- The NHANES data is provided by the NHANES package (Pruim 2015).
- Some data are from the GLMsData package (Dunn and Smyth 2017).
- The viridis package is used for some colour specifications (Garnier 2018).
- The webex package was used to create the interactive web exercises (Barr and DeBruine 2019).
All of this software is free and open source.
Other resources used include:
Barr, Dale, and Lisa DeBruine. 2019. webex: Create Interactive Web Exercises in ’R Markdown’. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=webex.
Dunn, Peter K., and Gordon K. Smyth. 2017. GLMsData: Generalized Linear Model Data Sets. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=GLMsData.
Garnier, Simon. 2018. viridis: Default Color Maps from ’matplotlib’. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=viridis.
Lemon, J. 2006. “plotrix: A Package in the Red Light District of R.” R-News 6 (4): 8–12.
Pruim, Randall. 2015. NHANES: Data from the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Study. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=NHANES.
R Core Team. 2018. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing. https://www.R-project.org/.
Xie, Yihui. 2015. Dynamic Documents with R and Knitr. 2nd ed. Boca Raton, Florida: Chapman; Hall/CRC. https://yihui.name/knitr/.
Xie, Yihui. 2016. Bookdown: Authoring Books and Technical Documents with R Markdown. Boca Raton, Florida: Chapman; Hall/CRC. https://github.com/rstudio/bookdown.
Zhu, Hao. 2018. kableExtra: Construct Complex Table with ’Kable’ and Pipe Syntax. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=kableExtra.