- Both your personal but also research data could be…
- …get lost (errors, neglect).
- More common than we think… (think of the unreported cases)
- Narayanan, Arvind, and Vitaly Shmatikov. “Robust de-anonymization of large sparse datasets.” Security and Privacy, 2008. SP 2008. IEEE Symposium on. IEEE, 2008. (see paper)
- Companies using big data apparently did not realize that back then…
- Data is extremely valuable..
- Ethics: But the Data Is Already Public (Zimmer 2010)
- Breached data used in research
Zimmer, Michael. 2010. “‘But the Data Is Already Public’: On the Ethics of Research in Facebook.” Ethics Inf. Technol. 12 (4): 313–25.