- Data: “refers to the fact that some existing information or knowledge is represented or coded in some form suitable for better usage or processing” (general concept) (Wikipedia contributors 2018)
- Raw data (unprocessed data): “collection of numbers or characters before it has been ‘cleaned’ and corrected by researchers” (Wikipedia contributors 2018)
- Q: Any raw data experiences?
- Data processing: “commonly occurs by stages, and the ‘processed data’ from one stage may be considered the ‘raw data’ of the next stage”
- Collection → Processing → Cleaning → Analyzing
- Experimental data: “data that is generated within the context of a scientific investigation by observation and recording” (Wikipedia)
Wikipedia contributors. 2018. “Data.” https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Data&oldid=869556199.