Geocomputation with R
This is the online home of the First edition of Geocomputation with R, a book on geographic data analysis, visualization and modeling, first published in 2019. See geocompr.robinlovelace.net for the Second Edition, due for publication in 2022.
Inspired by bookdown and the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) movement, this book is open source. This ensures its contents are reproducible and publicly accessible for people worldwide.
This version of the book was built on 2021-08-27.
How to contribute?
bookdown makes editing a book as easy as editing a wiki, provided you have a GitHub account (sign-up at github.com). Once logged-in to GitHub, click on the ‘edit me’ icon highlighted with a red ellipse in the image below. This will take you to an editable version of the the source R Markdown file that generated the page you’re on:
To raise an issue about the book’s content (e.g. code not running) or make a feature request, check-out the issue tracker.
Maintainers and contributors must follow this repository’s CODE OF CONDUCT.
::render_book("index.Rmd") # to build the book bookdownbrowseURL("_book/index.html") # to view it
Supporting the project
If you find the book useful, please support it by:
- Telling people about it in person
- Communicating about the book in digital media e.g. via the #geocompr hashtag on Twitter (see our Guestbook at geocompr.github.io) or by letting us know of courses using the book
- Citing or linking-to it
- ‘Starring’ the geocompr GitHub repository
- Reviewing it, e.g. on Amazon or Goodreads
- Asking questions about or making suggestion on the content via GitHub or Twitter.
- Buying a copy
Further details can be found at github.com/Robinlovelace/geocompr.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.