Any man or woman ‑given real interest and prompted by the incentive to serve‑ who thinks and loves (“heart thinking”), can be a healer.
The knowledge required by the healer in the New Age is more basic and less detailed. Healers deal with areas and not with organs; they are concerned with energies and their distribution points, and not with the details of the physical body.
Prerequisites to the art of healing:
- recognition of the Law of Cause and Effect;
- correct diagnosis by a competent physician, and later by a spiritual clairvoyant;
- belief in the law of immediate Karma (to intuit the karma of the moment);
- willingness to recognize that healing might be detrimental and basically undesirable from the standpoint of the soul;
- active cooperation of healer and patient;
- determined acquiescence on the part of the patient to accept whatever may be the demonstrated will of the soul (an expression of divine indifference);
- effort upon the part of both healer and patient to express complete harmlessness;
- effort on the part of the patient to adjust factors which might militate against the right spiritual perspective;
- deliberate eliminating of qualities, lines of thought and of desires which could hinder the inflow of spiritual force;
- capacity of both healer and patient to integrate into the group soul with which they are subjectively affiliated.
The objective underlying these ten requirements is to set up an unbroken rapport between the healer or the healing group and the patient who is receiving the scientific attention of the healing agent, group or individual.
The healing art presupposes:
- mastering of the science of soul contact;
- constant practice of alignment; and
- comprehension of the Science of the Centers (a modern form of Laya-Yoga).
The absolute minimum requirements (for individual healers) are:
- to ascertain their own rays [people on the sixth ray are advised to abstain from the healing art until they have arrived (consciously) at the initiate stage] and their own status before they can rightly heal;
- possess a vehicle or body on the 2-4-6 ray line.
Other basic requirements are:
Observation of the six Rules of Esoteric Healing. In short, two words embody the requirements of all true healers: magnetism and radiation. Healers must be magnetic above everything else and must learn to work through the love aspect (and not through the wisdom aspect) of their rays.
In addition, three basic (“divine”) requirements should be considered: i) emotional control, ii) to function as a detached and discerning Observer in the three worlds, and iii) a mind that can be held steady in the light.
Any healing practice should be preceded by at least three years of careful study about the nature of energy, the ray types and the centers. Healers of the future will undergo years of drastic training and will face a very severe course of training before their own equipment -personality, etheric body and its centers- are brought into such submission to the soul so that they offer no obstruction to the healing art.
Powerful qualities and attitudes essential to the successful practice of the healing art are:
- power to contact and work as a soul;
- power to command the spiritual will;
- power to establish telepathic rapport;
- power of exact knowledge using vision and touch;
- power to reverse, reorient and “exalt” the consciousness of the patient (“polarize the will of the patient”);
- power to direct soul energy (i.e., light substance) to the necessary area;
- power to express magnetic purity and the needed radiance;
- power to control the activity of the mechanism of the head;
- power over the healer’s own centers;
- power to utilize both exoteric and esoteric methods of healing;
- power to work magnetically (using the hands as directing agents);
- power to work with radiation (using the aura);
- power to practice at all times complete harmlessness;
- power to control the will and work through love; and xv) power eventually to wield the Law of Life. In the study of these requirements there is no need for discouragement.
Such a study will serve to set a needed goal for all healers in the New Age. The moving forward of a large group out of the ranks of average humanity on to the Path of Discipleship will provide -during the next five hundred years- many healers who will fulfill these requirements to some degree.
- According to the author of this guide, the ethical standards of conduct of the would-be healer should at least include:
- obtaining the patient’s informed consent in which the experimental nature of esoteric healing is explained, and
- abstaining from charging fees to patients for esoteric healing services as proof of the healer’s right motivation and intention. Techniques of protection of the healer, as instructed in the textbook, should also observed.
In summary, healers will give of their best to the one whose healing is sought. Having no clairvoyant power in the majority of cases, and being time-conscious and under the influence of karma, they will do their utmost along the lines of their own training and in accordance with the instructions given in the textbook.
The objective before any healer at this time and at this given point in the evolutionary unfoldment of the race is the need, when so asked, to aid in the bringing about of health to the body and its sustained experience in life. No request for real aid must ever be refused. A deaf ear must not be turned to trouble, either physical, mental or psychological. But success in healing may not always mean release from disease and the so-called physical cure of the patient.
The whole science of healing will shift eventually and increasingly into the realm of preventive medicine and the psychological adjustment of the individual within his group, and the providing of right living conditions, correct dieting and housing for people. This, however, takes much time, and whilst humanity is on its way to the newer modes of living, with their resultant effects of better health and a more correct comprehension of the laws of health, all who stand in the world as magnetic centers must proceed, according to the light that is in them, to work with people, in order to help them, to heal them, and to aid in making needed adjustments. Nothing should stop service along this line, not even the realization of limitation and of ignorance.