Chapter 2 Expectations
2.1 Weekly meetings
- Time requirements of Eagle IO members (how many meetings can you miss, responsibilities to stay an active member of the group, etc)
- Meetings you can miss a semester= 3?
2.2 Mentorship program management
- How to match mentors and mentees (depending on the success of this semester) consider the method used to match or if other things should be considered.
- Duration or partnership between mentee and mentor (semester or annual)
I was thinking semester as an obligation and then let people choose to switch it up? This also gives the opportunity for the incoming spring students to get mentors as well?
- Involvement of professors in mentor program
(we need to discuss this with them, according to Dr. Dan this would be limited since everyone has a lot on their plates, especially since this cohort is bigger)
Meetings between mentors and mentees at least 3
Office hours? (calendar or sign-in or some other method of staying accountable)
2.3 New product development and management
- Bring one new idea for the next semester? Plan an event?
2.3.1 Engagement survey
Eventually the engagement survey needs database creation and platform development (delivery and data-capturing [currently done by Qualtrics]). Ongoing issues will be:
- research (psychometric evaluation, validation)
- norms management
- feedback report format
- client management
- technical support