2 Why Join?
2.1 Benefits for Mentees
Working with a mentor can be an advantage for an incoming student. Mentees gain valuable experience by forging one-on-one relationships with current I-O graduate students. These experiences include:
- Help with setting realistic goals
- Strengthening knowledge of the industry, organizational culture, and job functions
- Expanding your existing network and support system
- Receiving feedback from an experienced student
- Enhancing overall professional effectiveness
- Gaining knowledge and experience to be a future mentor
2.2 Benefits for Mentors
Contributing time and expertise as a mentor is a valuable way to give back and foster the next generation of MSU I-O Psych graduate students. Mentoring can be both personally and professionally rewarding as mentors learn the value in helping their peers succeed.
- Build leadership skills
- Build communication skills
- Expand professional network and increase visibility
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession