11.1 What is Shiny?
A web application framework for R to turn analyses into interactive web applications. What does that mean?
- The userinterface is a webpage
- On this webpage you can manipulate things
- Behind the webpage there is a computer (your computer or a server)
- That computer/server runs R and your r-script
- When you change something on the webpage, the information is send to the computer
- Computer runs the script with the new inputs (input functions)
- Computer sends back outputs to the webpage (output functions)