3.3 Edward Tufte
- Quotes from his website.
- “One visionary day….the insights of this class lead to new levels of understanding both for creators and viewers of visual displays.” WIRED
- “The Leonardo da Vinci of data.” THE NEW YORK TIMES
- “The Galileo of graphics.” BLOOMBERG
- Tufte provides recommendations/insights across his books
- We’ll mostly focus on “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information” (Tufte 2001)
Tufte, Edward R. 2001. The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Vol. 2. Graphics press Cheshire, CT.