Summary of topics, key commands, and packages.
After working through this chapter, you are able to:
- understand the basic units of dates and times, and different time zones,
- understand the 2 Date-Time Classes of R,
- use base R functions to determine your current time and enter or parse
- use lubridate functions to enter and compute with dates and times,
- use ds4psy functions to query dates and times.
For more information on loops in general, see the contributed cheatsheets on Base R and Advanced R. For an overview of manipulating dates and times with lubridate, take a look at the R Studio Cheat Sheet to check which commands you are now familiar with and which others you can still discover in the future:
Let’s test our knowledge and skills on entering and manipulating dates and times by completing the following exercises.