An Introduction to R, LaTeX, and Statistical Inference
Chapter 1 Prerequisites
This is an introduction to R and Latex. In compiling this documents, several sources have been consulted, including Tim Peterson’s website, Havard’s Math Prefresher, and the course offered by DataCamp.
Make sure that you have a laptop throughout this introduction. Install the following applications, if you haven’t done so.
- R: https://cloud.r-project.org/
- RStudio: https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download.
- Install the RStudio Desktop Open Source License
- RStudio is a graphical user interface (GUI) for making the life of using R easier.
- TeX: For Mac install MacTeX: http://www.tug.org/mactex/downloading.html. For Windows install TeX Live: http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html.
- There are several LaTex editors to choose from. Here are eight recommended choices.
Finally, this document is to be used in-class only. As I (will) mention several times, it borrows and merges a lot of resources online. Also, if you see any mistakes or have suggestions, please do shoot me an email.